“Possession” it has been called, when a demonic presence takes control of a mortal for clandestine purposes. Moira succumbed to the affliction fully. My companions and I spent weeks tending to her, refusing to let her soul be devoured by her body’s new occupant. However, the futility of the effort was palpable, and last week we decided that more drastic measures must be taken…
Folklore: The Affliction is an adventure board game for 1-5 players, in which your characters progress through a series of stories in their quest to rid the land of evil. Every story is broken into chapters, allowing players to control the length of each game session. Most chapters take 45-60 minutes to complete.
The Dark Tales expansion contains nine more stories, featuring new systems for dungeon exploration and open-world adventure. Play as one of six new archetypes, or continue your campaign with your existing characters from the Folklore: The Affliction core game.
Be prepared: your quest in the Dark Tales expansion will take you to the heart of evil plaguing Kremel. You’ll need to gather your companions, train new abilities, and uncover powerful artifacts to strike back against the shadows seeping throughout the realm.
- Extend your campaign with nine new full-length stories – over 18 hours of replayable content.
- Go looking for trouble with Rumor Cards, 22 free-play adventures throughout the land.
- Explore the dark with new Dungeon Crawl Exploration scenarios.
- Six new characters to choose from, the Butcher, Courtesan, Illusionist, Scientist, Slayer, and Woodsman.
- New abilities, artifacts, afflictions, creatures, companions, maps, monsters, and items!
- 1 Book
- 6 Booklets
- 142 Cards
- 24 Double-sided Maps
- 72 Standees
- And Much More!
bron: Greenbrier Games